#I installed on Ubuntu 8.10 maybe it's ok also for the other
Ok I writing down this because the standard installation on Oracle SQL Developer doesn't work!!!
And also I create a script to resolve the problem.
- download Sun Java(TM) Development Kit (JDK) 5.0 from http://packages.ubuntu.com/intrepid/sun-java5-jdk for yours ubuntu version and your architecture and install it;
- download Oracle SQL Developer for other platforms from http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/sql_developer/index.html (click on the icon free download) (do you need a metalink account, you can create on the site);
- Ensure you have a JDK installed, if not, install;
- Download the file above;
- Unzip sqldeveloper.zip;
- cd sqldeveloper;
- open a terminal and go into the directory where is unzipped;
- chmod a+x sqldeveloper;
- in the terminal (the position is the directory where is unzipped) launch: sh sqldeveloper;
- you recive a request about the position where is installed the JDK (for me is: /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-188.8.131.52/bin/);
- the Oracle SQL Developer start but...........
- But you can't see any window to work, only a big window but no other.
THIS IS THE PROBLEM OF THE STANDARD INSTALLATION TASK
- download this script: sqldev_modify.tar;
- copy this into dir where there's the Oracle SQL Developer;
- open a terminal and go into the directory of Oracle SQL Developer;
- untar the file;
- chmod a+x sqldev_modify;
- so now we can start Oracle SQL Developer;
- launch it: sh sqldeveloper;
- it take to start some second, and maybe re-request the position of JDK.
Please post comments or something about ;-)